Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We care about trust, taking ownership, and transparency. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members, and we’re always open to feedback. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great! We want to create the right opportunities for you.
Currently, we're on the lookout for a Senior Data Engineer that knows how to plan a data warehouse migration into the cloud and who would like to support one of our clients - a global IT solutions company.
Required skills: 3 years of experience in data engineering, ability to build the data architecture, ability to plan data warehouse migration to the cloud, Snowflake, knowledge of data in Google
We offer: 100% remote work, flextime & flexplace, dev-friendly processes
- Regular: EUR 3,300-5,000 (before tax) monthly;
- Senior: EUR 5,300-7,800 (before tax) monthly.
Must-haves for this position
If you’re experienced with DE open-source solutions:
- event-driven architectures & pub-sub systems like Kafka,
- data processing with Spark framework with batching and streaming concepts,
- orchestrations and scheduling tools (e.g. Airflow),
- noSQL databases engines (e.g. Cassandra, Neo4j, MongoDB, ELK),
If you’re experienced with commercial DE solutions:
- big data infrastructures (e.g. Cloudera, Confluent, Databricks),
- data warehouses (e.g. BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake),
- ETL low-code/no-code tools (e.g. Matillion, Talend),
- advanced experience with SQL,
Also, we’d expect from you:
- at least 3 years of practical experience in Data Engineering,
- a very good command of English (B2+)
- knowledge & experience in data processing solutions (e.g. data lakes, data lakehouses, DWHs)
- experience with GCP and IaaC experience (e.g. terraform, Cloud Formation),
- experience in creating data architectures (data lakes, lambda, kappa) with strong responsibility from scratch,
- experience in programming with: Python or Scala,
- experience working with structured and unstructured data (AVRO, Parquet, JSON),
- practical experience with CI/CD, code coverage, code testing methodologies, OPP, functional programming, design patterns in software development,
- knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies,
- knowledge of Snowflake
- willingness to help and mentor other developers,
- familiarity with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
Joining Netguru as a Senior Data Engineer means:
- Working with the Data Engineering and Machine Learning team to build custom data pipelines.
- Working with external clients, teams, data owners, and solution architects to build data flows in a reliable way.
- Building transformations, scripts, and migrations to multiple specifications and standards.
- Data-driven mindset - our clients require PoCs, data exploration/normalization, and expertise.
- Monitoring data flows and making continuous improvements to data pipelines.
In return, we offer:
- 100-percent remote work;
- work with an experienced team of developers and continue development of your hard and soft skills;
- dev-friendly processes such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Review, and bug bashes;
You'll be responsible for:
- developing new features and maintaining the existing ones
- working in an Agile environment as a member of a self-organizing team and helping the team achieve its goals;
- helping the team to find solutions to issues;
- good news: you won’t have to manage the project as each project has a dedicated Project Manager.
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.