Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We care about trust, taking ownership, and transparency. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members, and we’re always open to feedback. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great! We want to create the right opportunities for you.
Required skills: 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering or 4+ years in Software Engineering; strong skills in Python and GCP platform; experience in GCP BigQuery, Apache Airflow, and in DataOps.
We offer: 100% remote work, flextime & flexplace, dev-friendly processes, long-term collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who would like to join one of our key projects within the area of mobility financing, and develop a durable relationship with our client - a startup that develops their platform revolutionizing vehicle financing across countries that have limited or no access to services as such.
- You will join a team of experts, building a large product for millions of users, already existing in 6 countries, with a possibility of expanding to various continents,
- You will co-create cutting-edge solutions with clients, partners, fin-techs, and other technology leaders,
- You will contribute to the development of several innovation projects.
Ready to apply? First check if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering or 4+ years in Software Engineering,
- Are advanced in Python programming (good knowledge of OOP, iterators, generators, lambda functions, data structure, and Python ecosystem tools for code quality),
- Have experience with DataOps - it is important for everyday tasks (observability, data quality & infrastructure monitoring),
- Have strong skills in the GCP platform (with a focus on data services) and know AWS well,
- Have experience in GCP BigQuery practical usage (writing/optimizing advanced SQL BQ queries, partitioning, and cost model understanding),
- Have at least 1 year of experience in Apache Airflow.
Also, we’d expect from you:
- Experience in Apache Beam framework (with Python SDK; Pipeline, PCollection, PTransform concepts),
- Knowledge about GCP Dataflow (ready to switch from Airflow to Dataflow),
- Good understanding of GCP pub/sub service (connecting from Apache Beam) and experience with the Apache Kafka ecosystem,
- Experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) concept,
- Knowledge about building/consuming data from APIs,
- Great Expectations Python library usage will be a plus.
Joining Netguru as a Senior Data Engineer on this project means:
- Developing a clear understanding of the data use cases on client's side and critical user journeys to design data systems
- Defining database structure / how we store our data (e.g., creating Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD))
- Database technology selection for both relational and non-relational databases (in particular, time-series databases)
- Defining APIs and services for accessing data
- Defining data validation and constraints to meet business needs
- Integrating our data systems as part of an event-based architecture (especially with Kafka)
- working with an experienced team;
- 100% remote work – we've developed a perfect remote work culture;
- processes based on the Scrum and Agile methodologies;
- dev-friendly processes such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Review, and bug bashes;
- continuous development of your hard and soft skills.
In return, we offer:
- 100-percent remote work;
- work with an experienced team and continuously development of your hard and soft skills;
- dev-friendly processes such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Review, and bug bashes.
What will happen next?
- If your application meets our requirements you will be invited for a short meeting with the recruiter - we will be happy to get to know you and tell you more about us!
- Next step is a technical interview with one of our Data Engineers (you may be asked to solve a short task before)
- If everything goes well, we will be happy to welcome you on board!
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.