Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We care about trust, taking ownership, and transparency. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members, and we’re always open to feedback. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great! We want to create the right opportunities for you.
B2B: +16 paid days off
Hi! We are Netguru. We help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We’re looking for people to join our team and build a culture based on trust, taking ownership, and transparency. Introducing innovative solutions and improving our internal processes are the foundation for our development and achievements.
We also help team members develop their skills through internal learning opportunities, R&D projects, and personal growth budgets. Our efforts bring results: Netguru ranks as one of the most desired IT employers, alongside Facebook, SpaceX, and Netflix.
Our Machine Learning Engineers and Data Engineers help companies from the finance and insurance sectors to become more customer-centric. We use machine learning capabilities to improve processes that affect customer experience.
Joining Netguru as a Data Engineer means:
- A unique opportunity to be a part of the Data Science department at Netguru, one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
- Working with a cross-functional team of software engineers, application/UI engineers, QAs, and designers.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices with the team.
- Solving a rich set of challenges in our 90+ projects.
- Owning the development of machine learning algorithms.
- Connecting the machine learning world with web applications.
What are the responsibilities of a Data Engineer?
- Working with the Data Engineering and Machine Learning team to build custom data pipelines.
- Working with external clients, teams, data owners, and solution architects to build data flows in a reliable way.
- Building transformations, scripts, and migrations to multiple specifications and standards.
- Data-driven mindset - our clients require PoCs, data exploration/normalization, and expertise.
- Monitoring data flows and making continuous improvements to data pipelines.
We want you on board if you:
- Are a Senior Software Engineer or have proven experience in software development, infrastructure development, or data science.
- Worked with data (ideally TB+) from different sources (SQL, noSQL, events, streams, data warehouses).
- Have hands-on experience with Hadoop technologies or equivalent in the cloud environment.
- Feel comfortable coding in Python or other scripting languages.
- Have experience with ETL or other data processing automation approaches.
- Can debug complex data infrastructures.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English (B2+). Polish is not required.
It's not a must, but we would also be happy to see that you have:
- Knowledge of Lambda/Kappa architecture.
- Experience with coding in Java/Scala/Python.
- Experience optimizing data storage in HDFS/Parquet/Avro.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure or other).
Perks & benefits:
- Sponsored AWS Certified Solutions Architect training and certification exam,
- Access to the WorkSmile platform offering benefits adapted to your preferences:
- Multisport card,
- Private health insurance package,
- Life insurance,
- And hundreds of other options to choose from 15 categories (shopping, leisure, travel, food, etc.)
- Support for your growth - a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- Discounts on Apple products,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Home office equipment sharing option,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.
If you want to read more, check out our 7 reasons to work at Netguru.
What will happen next?
- You will receive an email from our recruitment team with the information if your experience matches our requirements.
- If yes, you will meet online with our Recruitment and DE team.
- If everything goes right, you will meet at the last interview with the Data Science Manager.
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.
We are just getting started 🚀 Ready to face the challenge?
Click “Apply now” button and join Netguru team!
Any questions? Talk to Martyna
9 200 - 13 200 PLN
11 040 - 15 800 PLN + VAT (Contractor)