Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We care about trust, taking ownership, and transparency. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members, and we’re always open to feedback. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great! We want to create the right opportunities for you.
B2B: +20 paid days off
Bonus: + 1 000 PLN for Team Leaders
Hi! We are Netguru. We help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We’re looking for people to join our team and build a culture based on trust, taking ownership, and transparency. Introducing innovative solutions and improving our internal processes are the foundation for our development and achievements.
We also help team members develop their skills through internal learning opportunities, R&D projects, and personal growth budgets. Our efforts bring results: Netguru ranks as one of the most desired IT employers, alongside Facebook, SpaceX, and Netflix.
We are a growing team of machine learning and big data experts. As an industry-agnostic agency, we are like a Swiss Army knife – ready to translate any business problem into a data and machine learning solution. We focus on building our competencies around data warehouses and data lakes, stream and batch data processing, deep learning, natural language processing, and computer vision. Together with our product design and software engineering teams, we are a one-stop-shop for data and ML products, with experience in finance, retail, and healthcare.
Joining Netguru as a Senior Data Scientist & Team Leader means:
Building a team of Business Intelligence Specialists and Data Scientists, leading them and creating a culture and a communication approach that is suited to the needs of the team.
- Developing accessible, creative and engaging data visualizations to facilitate easy access to insights.
- Refining, challenging and supporting requests from stakeholders and creating new data analyses based on commonly defined specifications.
- Analyzing trends in client data and providing insights and explanations to their teams to improve their operations using data.
- Working in an experienced and knowledgeable team, in an Agile environment.
- Dev-friendly processes like Continuous Integration and Code Review.
- Continuous development of your hard and soft skills (e.g. at internal webinars, external conferences, meetups, etc.).
- Growing yourself and people around you – you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back.
- Ambitious and verified projects – our clients come from all over the world and from different industries.
- Enjoying flextime and flexplace – adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home.
- Working on the best equipment – we will provide you with a Macbook and additional accessories for your computer to make your work even more efficient and comfortable.
- Having a smooth start – your leader and mentor will support you along the way :)
How we work:
- We focus on the finance, retail, and healthcare sectors with use cases like investment optimization, semi-automated data mapping, and lead scoring.
- We conduct internal webinars to share knowledge in the fields of Machine Learning and Data Engineering.
- We use AWS and GCP as our cloud providers.
- We encourage our team members to share their knowledge and experience at external conferences.
Ready to apply? This is what we are looking for:
- Willingness to help and mentor other developers.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in business intelligence or data analysis.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of different types of data visualization.
- Knowledge of Tableau with proven commercial experience.
- Strong experience with Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake.
- Experience in Python and its data ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, plotly).
- Proficiency of SQL writing skills.
- Statistical testing & hypothesis validation experience, preferably applied to either of the below:
- time series modeling,
- A/B testing,
- geo modeling.
- Knowledge of basics of machine learning, preferably:
- regression methods,
- data clustering,
- feature engineering.
- Ability to advise, negotiate, and be proactive in contact with stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; the ability to research and to derive insights from large amounts of data.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, questioning the status-quo and assertively striving to implement new solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- A very good command of written and spoken Polish and English (CEFR C1). required.
We'll be happy to see that you have:
- A strong knowledge of math and statistics.
- Experience with libraries from NLP.
- Experience in data clustering.
- Knowledge of Looker / PowerBI / Qlik / AWS QuickSight.
- Experience as a team leader/mentor.
Perks & benefits:
- Access to the WorkSmile platform offering benefits adapted to your preferences:
- Multisport card,
- Private health insurance package,
- Life insurance,
- And hundreds of other options to choose from 15 categories (shopping, leisure, travel, food, etc.)
- Support for your growth - a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- Discounts on Apple products,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Home office equipment sharing option,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.
If you want to read more, check out our 7 reasons to work at Netguru.
What will happen next?
- You will receive an email from our recruitment team if your application matches our requirements.
- If it does, you will meet online with our Recruitment team.
- Next step is the meeting with our Data Engineering & Machine Learning team.
- If everything goes right, you will meet at the final interview with the Data Science Manager.
We are just getting started 🚀 Ready to face the challenge?
Click “Apply now” button and join Netguru team!
Any questions? Talk to Martyna
11 700 - 17 300 PLN
14 000 - 20 700 PLN + VAT (Contractor)