Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great - you can apply right away.
Required skills: at least 1 year of commercial experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails; using GIT; writing unit and integration tests; dealing with SQL databases and various queries; experience in working with public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP); using Docker for development.
Nice to have: knowledge about other Ruby frameworks; experience with APIs documented; some open-source contributions; knowledge of upcoming trends, and emerging technologies.
B2B: +16 paid days off
What are the responsibilities of a Ruby on Rails Developer?
- developing and implementing high quality application software within deadlines,
- proactively handling problems,
- participating in the documentation and execution of system testing,
- maintaining and developing your knowledge about software development, and supporting/mentoring other developers,
- sharing knowledge with the community and/or contributing to open source projects.
Apply if you:
- have at least 1 year of commercial experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails,
- know how to use GIT,
- can write unit and integration tests,
- can efficiently deal with SQL databases and various queries,
- already have some experience in working with public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP),
- have ability to use Docker for development,
- have a very good command of written and spoken English (B2+); Polish is not required,
- have experience in communication with international clients (especially commercial projects).
- have knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies.
It's not a must, but we would also be happy to see that you have:
- knowledge about other Ruby frameworks,
- experience with APIs documented,
- some open-source contributions,
- knowledge of upcoming trends, and emerging technologies
Perks & benefits:
- MacBook Pro and the welcome pack,
- Support for your growth – a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.
Joining Netguru as RoR Developer means:
- dev-friendly processes like Continuous Integration and Code Review,
- constant development of your hard and soft skills (e.g. at internal Webinars, external conferences, meetups, etc.),
- growing yourself and people around you - you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back,
- we love to share knowledge and we do it regularly - every one month we get together to present and discuss topics related to (but not only!) Ruby,
- ambitious and verified projects- our clients come from all over the world and from different industries,
- enjoying flextime and flexplace: adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home,
- having a smooth start: your leader and mentor will support you along the way
- you will have regular meetings with your leader. The shorter bi-weekly ones are all about current matters related to your projects/work in the company. Every quarter you will focus on your development and goals for the following 3 months
- when there is a break between projects, we implement our internal projects that are carried out under RnD
What will happen next?
- We’ll review your application and if it meets our requirements, you'll be asked to solve the task or invited to an interview and pair programming with our Recruitment and RoR crew.
- With positive feedback from the previous meeting, we would like you to meet one of our Team Leaders.
Don't hold off any longer and apply via the form! If you have any questions, drop us a line at email@example.com!
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.