Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great - you can apply right away.
Required skills: at least 1 year of commercial experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails; using GIT; writing unit and integration tests; dealing with SQL databases and various queries; experience in working with public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP); using Docker for development.
Nice to have: knowledge about other Ruby frameworks; experience with APIs documented; some open-source contributions; knowledge of upcoming trends, and emerging technologies.
Perks: +1 000 PLN home office bonus, Multisport card, private health insurance, discounts on Apple products, development budget and more
B2B: +16 paid days off
We come to you with an offer that includes a relocation package. It is addressed to candidates who would like to combine taking up a new job with moving to Poland. We know that relocation may be a huge step in your life. We’re ready to help you so that you can feel comfortable with this change from the very first day. Your relocation package will be an offer dedicated to your needs. It may include the following options:
- Tickets from the capital city in your country to the city in Poland in which you plan to settle,
- 1-month rent stipend,
- 5 hours of consultation with your personal relocation assistant,
- A gift from Netguru to make you feel welcome in our country.
What are the responsibilities of a Ruby on Rails Developer?
- developing and implementing high quality application software within deadlines,
- proactively handling problems,
- participating in the documentation and execution of system testing,
- maintaining and developing your knowledge about software development, and supporting/mentoring other developers,
- sharing knowledge with the community and/or contributing to open source projects.
Apply if you:
- have at least 1 year of commercial experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails,
- know how to use GIT,
- can write unit and integration tests,
- can efficiently deal with SQL databases and various queries,
- already have some experience in working with public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP),
- have ability to use Docker for development,
- have a very good command of written and spoken English (B2+); Polish is not required,
- have experience in communication with international clients (especially commercial projects).
- have knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies.
It's not a must, but we would also be happy to see that you have:
- knowledge about other Ruby frameworks,
- experience with APIs documented,
- some open-source contributions,
- knowledge of upcoming trends, and emerging technologies
Perks & benefits:
- Access to the WorkSmile platform offering benefits adapted to your preferences:
- Multisport card,
- Private health insurance package,
- Life insurance,
- And hundreds of other options to choose from 15 categories (shopping, leisure, travel, food, etc.)
- Support for your growth – a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- Discounts on Apple products,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.
Joining Netguru as RoR Developer means:
- dev-friendly processes like Continuous Integration and Code Review,
- constant development of your hard and soft skills (e.g. at internal Webinars, external conferences, meetups, etc.),
- growing yourself and people around you - you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back,
- we love to share knowledge and we do it regularly - every one month we get together to present and discuss topics related to (but not only!) Ruby,
- ambitious and verified projects- our clients come from all over the world and from different industries,
- enjoying flextime and flexplace: adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home,
- having a smooth start: your leader and mentor will support you along the way
- you will have regular meetings with your leader. The shorter bi-weekly ones are all about current matters related to your projects/work in the company. Every quarter you will focus on your development and goals for the following 3 months
- when there is a break between projects, we implement our internal projects that are carried out under RnD
What will happen next?
- We’ll review your application and if it meets our requirements, you'll be asked to solve the task or invited to an interview and pair programming with our Recruitment and RoR crew.
- With positive feedback from the previous meeting, we would like you to meet one of our Team Leaders.
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.
Don't hold off any longer and apply via the form! If you have any questions, drop us a line at email@example.com!
Not interested in long-term cooperation? Join the Netguru Talent Marketplace and have access to various project-based opportunities. Get a gig and collaborate with different companies and industries. Have a possibility to not only gain more experience but also develop a variety of skills you didn't even know you had. Work the way you like, on your terms, with no strings attached.