Our mission at Netguru is to help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. As a Certified B Corporation®, we offer a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all team members. If you want to work from home and be a full time employee, great - you can apply right away.
Required skills: at least 3 years of experience and advanced knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails development; understanding of design and architectural patterns (microservices/DDD), understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP) and relational and non-relational databases; writing unit and integration tests.
Nice to have: proficiency in other Ruby frameworks, being an open-source contributor; ability to discover functional and non-functional requirements of an app, based on various levels of inputs from clients, ability to transform customer ideas to business model and scope understandable by technical experts.
B2B: +20 paid days off
What are the responsibilities of a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer?
- developing and implementing highest-quality application software within deadlines and in accordance with our guidelines for high-quality code,
- understanding the business side of the project and being able to lead in-depth technical discussions with partners and customers,
- recognizing upcoming trends and technologies which might be presented to the clients with the right business cases, references and context.
- participating in the documentation and execution of system testing,
- sharing knowledge with the community and/or contributing to open source projects,
- supporting/mentoring developers and other project members (e.g. PMs, QAs, PDs).
Apply if you:
- have at least 3 years' experience and advanced knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails development,
- understand design and architectural patterns (microservices/DDD),
- have good understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure/GCP),
- have a deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases,
- can write unit and integration tests,
- are able to dissuade a client/team from making wrong decisions based on experience, providing guidance and expertise in your field,
- have practical knowledge of product development cycle,
- have a very good command of written and spoken English (B2+) and can easily communicate with our clients in English (Polish is not required),
- have knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies.
We'll be happy to see that you:
- are proficient in other Ruby frameworks,
- are an open-source contributor,
- are able to discover functional and non-functional requirements of an app, based on various levels of inputs from client,
- can transform customer ideas to business model and scope understandable by technical experts,
- have excellent stakeholder management and client facing skills.
Perks & benefits:
- MacBook Pro and the welcome pack,
- Support for your growth – a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.
Joining Netguru as RoR Developer means:
- dev-friendly processes like Continuous Integration and Code Review,
- constant development of your hard and soft skills (e.g. at internal Webinars, external conferences, meetups, etc.),
- growing yourself and people around you - you will give and receive regular feedback in a team of open-minded people that will always have your back,
- we love to share knowledge and we do it regularly - every one month we get together to present and discuss topics related to (but not only!) Ruby,
- ambitious and verified projects- our clients come from all over the world and from different industries,
- enjoying flextime and flexplace: adjust your daily schedule to your individual needs, work from the office or from home,
- having a smooth start: your leader and mentor will support you along the way
- you will have regular meetings with your leader. The shorter bi-weekly ones are all about current matters related to your projects/work in the company. Every quarter you will focus on your development and goals for the following 3 months
- when there is a break between projects, we implement our internal projects that are carried out under RnD
What will happen next?
- We’ll review your application and if it meets our requirements, you'll be asked to solve the task or invited to an interview and pair programming with our Recruitment and RoR crew.
- With positive feedback from the previous meeting, we would like you to meet one of our Team Leaders.
In case of questions, drop us a line at email@example.com !
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.
Not interested in long-term cooperation? Join the Netguru Talent Marketplace and have access to various project-based opportunities. Get a gig and collaborate with different companies and industries. Have a possibility to not only gain more experience but also develop a variety of skills you didn't even know you had. Work the way you like, on your terms, with no strings attached.