Property rights to code can be a big deal, especially in large organisations. To scan hundreds of documents, a specialised tool is a must.
Clarity has one application – finding related security vulnerabilities, license information and potential legal risks. It's a necessity for many companies. Netguru took over an unfinished product and got all its functionalities to work.
- Close cooperation with Insignary was crucial to ensuring the smooth transfer of the engine into the web platform.
- Taking over a partially-build product is always difficult, as many bugs and unpleasant surprises may be found in the code.
- All of the functionalities already existed - but none of them worked at full capacity.
Taking over the development process for the service involved solving issues and building upon the existing functionalities. The Netguru team was able to advise the client, make the right decisions and implement them very quickly. Our focus was the backend for the web platform as well as the frontend interface which allows users to start scanning and get results.
- All problems were solved, new functionalities were added and the service is now stable.
- Netguru's team provided their expertise and decisiveness, as well as advice on backend web development and system architecture, to fulfil project objectives.
- Serious refactoring of the existing code was completed without mishaps or delays.
Clarity is a tool that scans binary files in search of security vulnerabilities and license information. It’ll be an asset for any corporate client that manages a third-party supply chain. The product answers a crucial pain point of corporations which assign large budgets to the production of internal software. As such, the service had to be scalable, reliable and functional.
- The service was made functional according to plan and within deadlines.
- The service has full functionality: it scans binary files, communicates with the interface, generates and exports reports.
- The service is now ready to be presented to and used by corporate clients.
- 822 commits
- 52496 lines of code added
- 140 tasks completed
- 98.19% current test coverage