USD 5 000 - 7 800 for Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Click for the details
Join Netguru Talent Marketplace, a proven partner for tech-minded freelancers and experts. Thanks to us, you will have access to various project-based opportunities and can collaborate with different companies and industries. As a result, you will not only gain more experience but also develop a variety of skills you didn’t even know you had. Work the way you like, on your terms, with no strings attached.
We’re developing an application for a travel agency based in the USA, California, that offers last-minute bookings. We are looking for South America-based, senior Ruby on Rails developers with AWS skills to join an ongoing, long term project for the on-call support between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM PST. If you join this project, you will work on a metasearch engine accessible via website and mobile app. The engine is used to book last-minute lodging in the Americas, Europe, and Australia. It offers some of the best pricing for last-minute hotel deals.
What are the benefits of working on this particular project?
The product we work on is challenging. It is a living lab, where you deal with clients’ problems that need to be solved right now. There is a big company behind the product, so you will be working in a corporate environment. The client is demanding and at the same time they care for the well-being of all the team members. Adding to that, working with a well-known brand makes the project exciting.
Required skills: a minimum of five years of experience in Ruby on Rails, experience in AWS (basics), excellent English communication skills, an ability to work on different tasks at the same time, a high sense of responsibility and accountability for work, transparent communication, and experience writing documentation.
Nice to have: experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, SQS, Terraform, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and React basics.
We offer: 100% remote work, flextime & flexplace, dev-friendly processes, long-term collaboration.
Apply if you:
- are a senior engineer with at least five years of commercial experience in Ruby on Rails Development;
- are based in South America;
- are willing to perform on-call duties: ad hoc tasks, hot fixes, and cooperate with internal customer support;
- have at least basic experience in AWS;
- can communicate very well in spoken and written English (CEFR C1);
We'll be happy to see that you:
- have some experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, SQS, Terraform, Redis;
- have experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL;
- know React basics;
Joining Netguru as a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer on this project means:
- working on a challenging product for a big company,
- taking care of the quality of code and working on improvement of product and processes,
- being on a team with experienced engineers who will support your personal growth,
- gathering valuable experience on incident response in a production environment,
- developing your practical skills with application motoring and related tools such as Datadog, New Relic, Bugsnag or Snowflake.
In return, we offer:
- 100-percent remote work,
- working with an experienced, distributed team,
- a buddy who will assist you during your first days,
- continuous development of your hard and soft skills,
- working in an environment where every initiative is welcome,
- nn opportunity to create tech plans, implement them, as well as provide ideas for refactoring and improvements,
- possibility of a long-term collaboration on other challenging products in the future.
Looking for a full-time job? Check out our Career Page and find out more about our open recruitment processes.
If you need any disability-related adaptation at any step of the recruitment process – simply let the recruiter know! We'd be happy to help.