Netguru has been B Corp certified in the end of February 2020. That was when we joined the movement of a global community – an association of almost 4,000 companies today – using business as a force for good.
We went through a thorough B Impact Assessment tool, which helped us review and assess our impact on stakeholders, including workers, community, customers, and the environment.
March 2021 marks the global B Corp month – a time to recognize and celebrate for companies (like ours) that take their social and environmental responsibility and impact seriously. Being a #BCorp means operating on a triple bottom line, where people, planet and profit are all taken into consideration in our business decisions. But the collective vision of the transformed economic system that we’re building as a community is even bigger than this.
An inclusive and sustainable economy is built by everyone who works for, buys from, invests in and supports businesses that are striving to create shared prosperity for everyone.
We’ve decided to sum up our actions as a B Corp and the impact we’ve had so far.
Over the year since Netguru was B Corp certified, we have:
- officially upgraded our company vision to include the sustainability area; our vision is to co-create a sustainable digital world where everyone can realise their full potential;
- leveraged the ethical discussion at Netguru, and we are now working on improving our Code of Conduct and Ethics even further to raise the bar higher on ethical aspects;
- created the Employee Consulting Group create a cross-company platform for discussing significant decisions regarding salaries, perks and benefits, development budgets and so on, with all our stakeholders;
- kept financial security and stability of our people through the pandemic;
- conducted a company-wide salary review process twice;
- introduced a new Perks and Benefits Strategy, which includes a home office setup bonus and access to the Worksmile benefits platform;
- doubled our efforts on diversity and inclusion, improved gender balance levels in the Core Management team to 30%, kicked off a thorough internal D&I data review focused on female inclusion (as a first step);
- carried out a year-long campaign to foster an inclusive workplace culture, boost social participation and advocate it outside Netguru – it will be followed up in 2021 by another campaign called “Narratives matter”;
- joined Tech To The Rescue partnership as a funding partner and one of the initiators, for which we have been recognized by Deloitte Fast 50 CEE Impact Stars (together with Divante);
- kicked off a cross-team collaboration in order to calculate Netguru’s CO2 footprint; in this journey, we are supported by the Climate Leadership experts;
- delivered pro-bono (posilekdlaseniora) and low-bono (Sustain Chain) tech solutions to address important social issues.
It was a dynamic and challenging year, but as the Sustainability Lead, I’m proud of every single effort taken by our team in this area. Not only do they take us towards fulfilling our vision, but many of them – like the TTTR initiative – encourage other organizations to “use business as a force for good.”
That’s what I wish us all in 2021.