About this project
Candis is a Berlin-based startup offering invoice management software dedicated to financial teams. The client wanted to meet its customers’ requirements and offer a dedicated mobile app to complement the digital invoice processing system.
We built a dedicated team ready to take responsibility for the MVP development lifecycle, build the product, and support and consult with the client during the whole process.
Candis offers an AI-powered, invoice processing software that eliminates a large chunk of manual accounting work. The web application is able to fetch invoices from email messages and extract all payment-relevant information, giving finance team members visibility into the data and simplifying approvals as well as other financial processes.
Client’s challenge – building a user-centric app having no in-house mobile development team
When Candis approached Netguru, they were providing their customers with a web-based application. Responding to their needs, Candis wanted to build a dedicated mobile app to allow their users to process invoices even faster, more conveniently, and on the go.
To this end, Candis asked us to build a mobile app MVP to complement their core web platform. More specifically, the customer expected:
- An MVP of the mobile app, with the complete invoice processing flow and notification system that would make the approval process even more convenient for the customers.
- Enabling of 2-factor authentication (2FA) in preparation for Candis Wallet – a credit card processing feature to be implemented both on web and mobile apps.
- Delivery of the product within the estimated timeline.
- Bringing expertise and best practices of mobile development.
- Taking ownership of the entire app building process.
The solution – a team of experts to take responsibility for the MVP development lifecycle
To deliver on the client’s needs, Netguru provided a team of experts ready to develop the mobile application and take ownership of the development process.
The team consisted of React Native developers, a project manager, and a Quality Assurance expert.
- Candis received the mobile app MVP (available on both Android and iOS) within the requested time frame of 16 weeks as well as within the specified budget.
- The client received a full-fledged tool that allowed it to fulfill its customers’ needs: they can now process invoices anytime, anywhere, and faster than before.
- Thanks to the mobile app, the average invoice approval duration decreased from 3-4 days in the web application to below 2 days for approvals done in the mobile application
- The mobile app has around 2000 iOS and 400 Android users
- The monthly approvals number (via the mobile app) is 1200
- 2FA was enabled, allowing the addition of the Wallet functionality for both web and mobile platforms.
- Full support and expertise were provided with regard to defining the product roadmap, features, choosing tools, technologies, and processes.
- The Netguru team integrated smoothly with the client’s organization while maintaining the autonomy required to deliver the high-quality product.
Since the client asked Netguru to take ownership of the project, the dedicated team approached the development process in the following stages:
- Defining business objectives and establishing metrics of project success
- Specifying roles and responsibilities, as well as clarifying expectations
- Specifying the toolset to use in the project and assigning action items to get things done
- Drafting an action plan and mapping areas to be discussed during Sprint 0
Sprint 0 focused on product discovery and tool setup
- Defining expectations related to particular project areas
- In-depth discussion of the key issues
- Creating goals and backlog for the sprint
Development phase (further divided into short feedback loops)
- Weekly iterations (sprints) that concentrated on clearly defined business deliverables
- Daily demos
- Continuous discovery and development through bi-weekly refinements
- Ensuring high quality and a smooth process for each release
- Group testing sessions that took place before each upcoming release
MVP release phase
- Subsequent product discovery
- Development updates
- Further releases