Ruby on Rails development company
Our Ruby on Rails web developers deliver source code that is efficient, concise, readable, maintainable, and clean. Netguru can help you with solutions for web services and web-based apps.
We build scalable solutions and implement new functionalities within your existing web app or help with optimization.
Our Ruby on Rails consulting team, together with our Rails app developers, build web applications in a short time to help you launch your MVP as soon as possible.
A professional team of external developers should be Agile. At Netguru, we strive to be completely transparent with clients – we share our style guide, our internal documentation, and code review practices because we believe in sharing our knowledge and building trust.
The highest standard in tools and practices
We’ve put together a list of some of the best tools we use at Netguru:
- Github: it contains our code repositories. We take advantage of all its powers and have made Git our default distributed version control system.
- Circle CI: it’s our default continuous integration tool. It tests all new changes to the code and, depending on results, deploys them to the staging or production environment. It also performs security checks.
- Jira: our default task and issue tracker, perfectly crafted for Agile needs.
- Rollbar: we strive to maintain exceptionally high code quality, but sometimes something unexpected happens on the server. To catch such exceptions, we use Rollbar. It tracks errors so that we can reproduce them and quickly fix them.
- CodeClimate: it's our default choice for maintaining code quality. It measures our code against various metrics such as simplicity and code coverage
- Slack: it’s our go-to communication tool, so it was only natural to try and get more out of it. We have connected notifications from many other tools, and now, we know immediately when something happens on production servers (notification emails serve as a backup).
- Security: in our projects, we use bundler-audit and brakeman gems by default to spot all security issues as fast as possible (security checks are performed each time in CircleCI). It’s really important to keep all libraries up to date and spot all potential security pitfalls.
The hidden value of a good Ruby on Rails team
Measuring the value of such tools in US dollars is actually an easy task – here are some calculations:
Git repository hosting service
Keeps code organized and helps with developer resource sharing
Test and deploy applications easier
Project management and tracking tool
Helps keep clients and teams on the same page
An aggregator for site errors and bugs
Quick warnings and descriptions of errors to resolve site problems fast
Automatic code quality checks
Provides grades for code quality and how it has improved over time
Instant messaging and video calls
Communicate ideas internally and with clients
Environment for testing
See your app live from the first days of it being built
Leverage highly experienced Ruby on Rails developers
It often doesn't make sense to invest in your own team of developers before you even have a proof of concept for your product – working with an external team is the cheaper option.
You don’t have to provide office space, equipment, and testing equipment – none of the material elements necessary for building an app. You can also forget about recruitment costs. You don’t need to worry about software and a test infrastructure. You can skip trying to gather the exact set of skills necessary for your project – a good agency will also offer DevOps, backend and frontend development, UI and UX design, as well as product and graphic design.