Designing a subscription-based social discovery network that would enable people to meet new groups of friends locally and enjoy their city's social scene.
- Allowing users to find peers in their vicinity to plan offline social activities together.
- Inclusion of location services, search capabilities and multiple categories of activities.
- Creating a competitive and engaging app, which would fill a niche on the UK market.
As part of the app development team, Netguru supported the re-launch of CitiSocializer. We set up the development processes, including code reviews and continuous integration.
- Construction of the API and the frontend application with Backbone.js and multiple set-ups.
- Google Maps integration.
- Enabling users to match their interests and local events within a stylish and streamlined app.
The project became a successful social network, providing users with a place to connect with new people through shared interests and events.
- An Online2Offline app, which supports interactions between users based on their location.
- The project was featured on The Next Web.
- The app has over 250,000 users across the UK. Recently, it expanded to the US market.
- 30+ cities
- 150k+ RSVPs in major cities
- 10 years on the market
- 4 steps to a great social life