There are some good reasons for choosing Vue.js
Let's look at why it has become so popular for developing web apps quickly:
- It's lightweight and fast – even with minimal optimization, it performs better than many other popular frameworks.
- Compared to other frameworks, Vue is really versatile.
- Vue supports the component-based approach to building web apps – it includes single-file components that are independent and loosely-coupled to enable better code reuse and quicker development.
- The learning curve isn't steep – Vue is very easy to learn.
- The documentation is maintained very well – have a look here to find a comprehensive guide, well-documented APIs and even the official style guide.
- It includes tools that offer a great development experience.
- Vue is surrounded by an engaged community that grew impressively fast – have a look at its GitHub to get an idea of Vue's popularity.
- It's been adopted by many big companies, such as Alibaba, Xiaomi, Gitlab, and Expedia - and the list is still growing!
A great choice for team expansion
When growing your team, your main priority is to get the new people up and running quickly – the onboarding process needs to be swift to ensure that new team members are ready to work as soon as possible.
Since Vue has a low level of entry and it's driven by the core value of approachability, it's the easiest framework to get started with. To make sure that your code is in good shape, your team can take advantage of conventions, the official style guide, and the eslint plugin.
Build a fully scalable product
If your solution needs to be fully scalable, it's smart to bet on Vue. When designing a digital product, you may not always be certain about its final shape and level of complexity. One of the core values of Vue is versatility, and it definitely works to your advantage here.
You can start with a simple app and quickly add extra building blocks as you go. Moreover, your team benefits from libraries that solve the most common problems maintained by the Vue organisation members, so you're pretty safe when developing your app.
Improve your code base
Vue is a versatile framework that scales perfectly to enable dev teams to develop products ranging from simple add-ons to fully featured CRMs. If you're looking to gradually improve or move an existing codebase toward a more modern architecture, Vue is a top pick.
Consider GitLab as an example – they recently gradually modernized their code by writing small components first and then introducing entire flows and pages without any breaking changes.
High-performance without emptying your wallet
Thanks to its reactivity, Vue is a framework that requires less attention than similar solutions. The new version of the tool vue-cli makes adding PWA core setup a breeze.