A Major App Relaunch to Expand Into New Markets
A redeveloped Rails platform for an online booking service
Campsited.com is a Dublin-based startup providing an easy way for campers and holiday seekers to find and book campsites, tours and holiday parks.
- Scarcity of local tech talent and the lack of a scalable team, coupled with the need to control development costs.
- Development of a booking engine tailored for holiday parks.
- Attracting users with look and feel.
Netguru's team started working on Campsited.com in October 2015. In March 2016, a new redesigned version of the application was released, which enhanced Campsited's ability to get more financing.
- Building a remote Ruby on Rails consulting team and scaling the team size to meet the cleint's needs.
- Creating a highly customisable platform.
- Redesigning the app's layout.
The app was designed with true passion for camping and offers good value to users.
- Successful relaunch helped build on an existing user-base.
- A stable and scalable development team became a foundation for adding new features.
- Campsited expanded into new markets, such as the Netherlands.
- 1,350 campsites
- 83 percent of local market
- 5 months for a complete relaunch
- 10 people