About this project
A major consulting group partnered with Netguru to quickly develop a data collection platform for tracking UN Sustainable Development Goals for a client in the Middle East. Using Mendix, we delivered an MVP with efficient data input and monitoring features within a short timeline.
A major global consulting group specialized in transforming technology and data platforms for organizations around the world joined forces with Netguru to design and implement a data collection platform for a client in the Middle East.
The project: Data collection platform
The end client needed an efficient tool that would support the collection, management, and delivery of precise – sometimes sensitive – data on a large scale, on time, and in a fully controlled environment.
The data in question were statistics regarding the completion of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The challenge: Short deadline
Our goal was to build an MVP of the platform as quickly as possible to show that it can streamline the data collection process.
Due to a short project timeline, we decided to leverage Mendix – all-in-one, low-code solutions that greatly accelerate application development.
The team consisted of a senior product designer, two Mendix developers, a quality assurance specialist, and a project manager.
The journey: From design to development
Over the course of two months, Netguru designers prepared:
- High-level outline of the platform dashboard’s architecture
- User journeys
- Wireframe views of the dashboard
- Style guide with defined design principles
With initial designs ready, developers jumped into the project to:
- Set up the platform’s environment
- Add functions to the dashboard (data input, the option to request data from specific users, monitoring of collected data)
- Continuously test what was built to ensure proper functionality
Project results: MVP in 60 days
- MVP of the data collection platform was delivered in two months
- The client granted us a 10/10 Net Promoter Score
- The product met all the needs of the end-user