About this project
Randstad is the world’s largest talent company. Their Polish division approached Netguru to consult on long-term growth with a new digital product. Our experts worked together with Randstad Polska to analyze their customers and market. The result was a detailed report for feature development and growth planning.
Our experts worked together with Randstad Polska to analyze their customers and market. The result was a detailed report for feature development and growth planning.
Randstad Polska is part of Randstad N.V., the world's largest talent company. Every day around the world, 46,000 Randstad employees support job seekers in realizing their full potential. In 2022, Randstad Polska helped 18,000 people find employment, and provided professional advisory support to 1,500 Polish employers.
From an internal system to a separate digital product
One of the keys to Randstad’s success is their smart use of technology. Along with HR services, the company provides custom digital solutions for their clients. The myRandstad WorkTime platform and the my Randstad mobile app were the main focus of this project.
With the myRandstad WorkTime platform and app, Randstad’s clients have a central hub for managing employee timesheets and work schedules, payroll, and other employment-related administrative tasks. It includes many time-saving features, such as an onboarding form, built-in storage for exchanging documents, automated planning of work time, and time registration through the app rather than on paper.
Looking into the future, Randstad decided to check the tool’s growth potential and see how it compared to market alternatives.
Randstad wanted to analyze how myRandstad WorkTime compared to market alternatives, as a way to inspire further development of the system. They needed support in a detailed growth strategy consisting of:
- Market research
- Analyzing growth potential
- Suggesting ideas for further development
Netguru’s role and project scope
We supported Randstad as external consultants in charge of:
- Analyzing the market (competition research in particular)
- Generating actionable insights from the research and Randstad’s knowledge and experience
- Preparing a comprehensive report detailing product growth
During the project, we performed:
- Research of market and customers
- Workshops with the client
- Preparation of final report
The project team was comprised of:
- One Innovation Consultant
- One Design Consultant
- One Project Manager
The methodologies used were:
- Design Thinking
- Market and Customer centricity
The market for employee management software is relatively saturated, so there were many potential alternatives to Randstad’s products. To see how their system compared required:
- An analysis of 20 similar products and how they were positioned in the market
- A breakdown of those products and comparison with Randstad’s system
- A synthesis of collected findings to inform growth plans for Randstad’s system
How Netguru did it – project approach
Our formula for growth consulting is designed to expand the client’s understanding of their customers, their product, and their market(s). The resulting growth strategy then provides a foundation for the client to make decisions swiftly, and based on actionable insights.
Here’s how we did it for Randstad:
Kick off and preparation
After a kick off call to confirm the scope of the project, the preparation work began. Competition research was performed, along with preparation of a detailed agenda for the next step – workshops.
Workshops with the Randstad team
The first two days were about understanding the users with the empathy map exercise, aiming to find clear and testable assumptions about the users.
The third day revolved around synthesizing competition research together with the freshly uncovered user insights. This resulted in a broad understanding of products on the market, along with defined areas for the future growth of Randstad’s system.
Having absorbed all of the information from previous steps, it was time to become cartographers and chart the path towards product growth. Over two weeks, a rich, extensive report was produced. At the end, it was presented and explained in detail to the Randstad team.
Ready to grow – project results
Combining our expertise and research with the client’s know-how and experience, we arrived at strategies for product growth. The main result for the client was simplified decision-making, with clear priorities.
- Randstad’s team received detailed competition research and precise business model recommendations.
- Research, analysis, and workshops resulted in a report with key insights and a blueprint for growth.
- Randstad received a growth plan along with suggestions of specific features to add to the product.
- All in all, we successfully charted a clear growth strategy that simplified decision-making in a highly complex business environment.